Friday, May 20, 2011

Stealing from Chelsey

My cousin Chelsey has a blog tradition she calls the Friday Five.  I love it! So call it inspiration, aspiration, or plagarism...but in any guise I'm about to steal her idea and use it myself.  Five things on Friday: things that make me laugh, think, cry, grateful, or things that make you go... YUM!  So, here's my first Friday Five:

1) I heard this on NPR this morning as came home from taking the boys to school.  I bawled all the way home.  Follow the link and click on the tab at the top to listen to the story from Storycorps:
Storycorps, 5/20/2011

2) A quote from Julie Beck.  This has really given me a push in the right direction this week.  I've had a great week being a mom thanks to some timely advice and encouragement.


Sister Beck said that as “guardians of hearth and home,” women “have responsibility for the hearts and souls” of Heavenly Father’s children. 
“They are given this powerful and influential leadership role,” she said. “The female responsibility of being a wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend … is all about nurturing, teaching, and influencing. These are non-negotiable responsibilities. We can’t delegate them. We can accept them and live them. These are things we understood before we were born, and we can’t negotiate with the Lord whether they’re part of His plan. These are our responsibilities.”
3) Tostitos Artisan Recipies Fire-Roasted Chipotle chips.  Tuesday night was the Best Taco Salad ever!  

4) Jennie and Trever Plastow brought a bag of fresh peaches from their tree over this week.  I know they were taking good care of their Bishop, but what they don't know is that fresh peaches are my very favorite fruit in the entire universe. I've had peaches on my cereal every morning.  Thank you Plastows, you made my whole week sweeter!

5) Photos of the International Beard and Mustache growing competition! Need I say more? Here's the link:

No comments: